Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Presidents Day!

Oh how I wish I had today off like the rest of the world! I am in a GREAT mood this Monday morning, because I only have to work until Wednesday full days and then a half day on Thursday. We are leaving for our ski trip on Thursday at lunch time and I am SOOOOO excited! :)

We had a fun weekend. Friday, I went to happy hour with some friends and then we went downtown to a few different bars. Saturday, we relaxed and then finally went to dinner at Bambu. We then met up with friends and went to see a band called State Radio at the Music Farm. Not really my type of music, but it was still a good time! We went shopping for a new tv, refrigerator, and furniture yesterday. That was so fun! :)

I cooked this yummy chicken last night for the first time:

Chicken with Lemon, Oregano, and Feta Cheese

Ingredients: Chicken Breasts, Olive Oil, Dried Oregano, Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper, Butter, Feta Cheese

-Heat Oven to 375 degrees F.
-Coat the chicken with the oil and arrange in pan. Sprinkle the chicken with oregano, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Top each piece with a piece of butter.
-Cook the chicken until the breasts are just done. Remove the pan from oven and top with feta cheese. Baste the chicken with the pan juices.
-Heat the broiler. Broil the chicken until golden brown. Serve with pan juices.

We had brown rice and field peas on the side. It was super easy and delicious! I will definitely make this again.

Oh...and my office building is a little older and I am 98% sure there was some sort of rat in here this weekend. Ewwwwwww. I am sitting indian style in my chair and do not plan on putting my feet down until this situation is under control. I will keep yall posted. I really can't handle this.

Have a happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to know that one other person is working today with me! This stinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I'm working, too. My kids have the day off, though. makes me wish I was still a kid!

    ReplyDelete