Monday, February 23, 2009

Ski Bunny!

We had such a fun weekend! We arrived around 6ish on Thursday evening, cooked lasagna, built a fire, and relaxed! We woke up pretty early on Saturday and headed into "town". My favorite mountain town ever...Blowing Rock! If you are ever in the Boone, NC area it is definitely worth the 10 minute drive. There are the cutest shops, great places to eat, and an adorable park in the middle of town.



Please don't judge the camo. Remember we are from Charleston so the only cold weather clothes he owns are for hunting! :) As you can see, there was not much snow. :( Of course yesterday as we were leaving it was a blizzard! It was almost a relief though, becuase I have been up there before where it was extremely scary to be driving in the ice/snow. It was definitely freezing though! That night we hit the slopes for the night session (6-10 pm)! I think this is the perfect time to ski. It is cheaper, less crowded, and 4 hours is plenty long enough for me!



This is how he looked most of the time...joking! He was much better than I thought he was going to be since this is the first time we have gone together. I am also proud to say that I only fell once both nights...and that was because some idiot ran into someone and knocked them down in front of me. Not. Cool.

On Saturday, we got in the hot tub/sauna, relaxed by the fire for the remainder of the day, and then went skiing again that night.

Here is us again with the view from our condo of the slopes!




ETA: I also forgot to add that I made the best quiche EVER this weekend. My mom always makes it, but it was my first try. It was definitely a success as I made two of them and both of them were gone FAST! It is also super easy...

Ingredients: 1 frozen pie crust, 1 package bacon, 1.5 cups shredded swiss cheese, 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 cup half and half, 4 eggs, salt and pepper to taste

-Bake or Fry the bacon (I chose to bake it so that I could pay less attention to it and socialize aka drink wine by the fire!) Crumble the bacon.
-Heat oven to 375 degrees
-Bake pie shell for about 5 minutes
-Put bacon in bottom of shell
-Cover with 1.5 cups shredded swiss cheese
-Combine/whip the eggs, half and half, whipping cream, salt, and pepper
-Pour mixture over bacon and cheese
-Bake for about 45 minutes or until top is browned

Delicious!!! Enjoy! :)


How was your weekend?

I hope that it was wonderful and that you are having a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Something was wrong and your blog wouldn't let me post any comments. Glad it's working again!

    Sounds like yall had a great time -- so glad! You're making me want that quiche!

    ReplyDelete